Swimming Lessons

Last term  St Patrick’s school went to CLM pool  for swimming lessons for two weeks. I started to swim on the first Wednesday. I was scared and also nervous too. We had to change after lunch time and put our swimming togs on. We had grabbed our towels, goggles and swimming caps and got on the bus. We went swimming and the bus driver was also kind we had fun on the bus we always find a way to have fun with each other.

I felt scared when I got to the swimming pool but after a few seconds I felt brave. Our instructor was Paris and she was nice to me and my classmates. She was very good at teaching us how to float, do backstroke and do freestyle. We had our own lanes, and at the end we had a swimming race .

In the last week we all felt confident to swim by ourselves. We did well at every lesson we did and we could use the boards to keep us on track. Sometimes I felt scared but mostly I felt confident and happy I got to  learn to swim. On the last day we all had fun when we put on life jackets and  we would get pushed into the pool and swim. I learned so many skills to use in the swimming pool.

At the end we got to jump in the pool and we made a big splash which made water go everywhere. Even our towels got wet! After that we said bye to the instructors and  we went to the bus. When I got back to school I felt joyful and I went home happy.